Nominate a Charity
What kinds of charitable organizations can I nominate?
To be considered for an award, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a non-profit recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization
- It must be located in, and serve, Nassau and/or Suffolk Counties
- It must be willing to send a representative to our next meeting to share how the money was or will be spent
- It must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members’ contact information, and agree not to solicit our members directly for further contributions
How do I know if my charity satisfies the criteria to be nominated?
- We maintain and are constantly updating a list of local charities that satisfy our criteria. If you would like to nominate a charity, please complete the Charity Pre-Qualification Form and submit it to us electronically at least ONE WEEK before our next meeting. Once we confirm that the organization satisfies the criteria listed above, we will put it on our list and you are free to nominate it.
- Our Charity Coordinator will determine if your nominated charity meets our eligibility criteria. Someone will contact you within a week if there is a problem with the charity’s eligibility.