How does the vote work?
- All members present at the meeting, who are current on their contributions, may vote
- If you cannot attend a meeting, you are still responsible to make your donation online for the chosen charity
- Teams only get one vote in total, not one per team member
- Ballots are collected and tallied at the meeting, and the charity with the most votes is awarded the full amount of the donation
- All members and teams make their $100 donation for the winning charity
- As a committed member, we ask that you support the charity that wins, even if you personally voted for another charity
What if the vote results in a tie?
- If two charities tie with the most votes, then there will be a run-off vote between them
- If the run-off results in another tie, then the names of both charities will be put in a hat and the winner will be randomly selected
- In the case of a three-way tie, the names of all three charities will be put in a hat and the winner will be randomly selected