Spend a few minutes planning your presentation for maximum impact ….
Consider incorporating the points below into your presentation – but remember, you only have 5 minutes!
- Start with a compelling opening statement … ”118,500 children on Long Island face hunger on a daily basis…”
- Introduce yourself and the name of the organization you would like to receive the funding
- Share the organization’s mission
- Describe the program that you would like funded, and provide some background information, if possible
- Identify who the funds will impact, and how many people it has served, and how many will be served by this donation
- Tell how essential this program is, and what our community will miss if this program does not get funded
- Share what this donation will “buy” for our community
- Explain the measurements that will be used by the charity to ensure the success of this program, and make the best use of the donation
- End with a heartfelt request and a thank you to your fellow members for their consideration